Publishing, Editing, Subtitling of Movies, Television Programs, Commercials, and IT Graphic Design are the areas in which our staff of American, Japanese and Korean people, who are born again and proclaim Jesus Christ as our Savior and our Lord, work.
~For those who are looking for Japanese translators~
Please consider these points…
Recently, we find it difficult to watch Christian movies subtitled in Japanese because they use Japanese transcripts which were translated by people who were not born again Christians. Just because they can translate very well doesn’t mean they can translate Christian movies very well.
Here is an example:
discipline–> X 罰する (meaning punishment)
–>◎ 訓練する (meaning training and self control)
They don’t know the difference between guilt and condemnation and conviction since they can’t understand the difference between the language of darkness and the language of light.
Since they don’t know the scriptures very well, they can’t tell whether the line is quoted from scriptures or not.
Remember, 99% of Japanese people are not Christian (2015). We hope the Christians, the remaining 1%, all know the power of the Holy Spirit…
In the same way, our team would not be a good choice to have translate a medical paper or a legal contract, because those fields also have specialized terminology.
Also, most Japanese people’s image of God is of someone who gives punishment when we did something wrong. They have a scary image of God and they tend to look at Christianity as one of those religions. So, they are already stressed and pressured by society and they are afraid to lose freedom and to be bound. Translation needs to be done by someone who knows the truth of God’s character and who knows the grace and unconditional love of God. Translation could be very difficult to do properly for religious people who don’t know His character.